This is a review of Grand Dunman, a mega 99-year leasehold condo development in Singapore’s District 15.
To be developed by Sing-Haiyi Jade, a unit of SingHaiyi Group, the mega-site occupies a land area of 25,234.3 sq m (271,619.74 sq ft) and will offer 1,035 residential units of 1- to 5-bedrooms.
Located next to the Dakota MRT station on the Circle Line, it is just one stop to the Paya Lebar Sub-Regional Centre where the Paya Lebar MRT interchange (Circle and East-West Lines) is located. This will provide a convenient commute to major employment hubs such as the Central Business District, Tampines Regional Centre, and Changi Region (Changi Airport, Changi Business Park, Changi Aviation Park, and Changi City).
This review of Grand Dunman seeks to provide an unbiased evaluation of the following to help you make an informed decision on whether this is the right property to invest in:
- Why Invest in Grand Dunman Condo?
- Grand Dunman Condo Fact Sheet
- Grand Dunman Unit Mix
- Who is the Developer for Grand Dunman?
- What are the Prices for Grand Dunman?
- Where is Grand Dunman Condo Located?
- Excellent Public Transport Connectivity
- Major Employment Hubs Nearby
- A City Fringe Development with a Rich Culture and Heritage
- Popular Market And Food Centre
- Shopping Malls Near Grand Dunman
- Leisure Destinations Nearby
- Proximity to Established Schools
- International Schools Near Grand Dunman
- Review Conclusion – An Investment Perspective
- Other Property Reviews
Why Invest in Grand Dunman Condo?
- An award-winning developer with an excellent track record
- A large development with abundant facilities and landscaping
- Excellent location next to the Dakota MRT station and at the fringe of the city
- Near major employment hubs such as Paya Lebar Sub-Regional Centre, Central Business District, and Changi Region (Changi Business Park, Changi City, Changi Aviation Park & Changi Airport)
- Located in the highly popular District 15 known for its rich Peranakan and Eurasian heritage
- Convenient access to a plethora of amenities, shopping malls, and food havens
- Near popular leisure attractions such as East Coast Park, Kallang Riverside Park, and Singapore Sports Hub
- Located within a 2km radius of established schools
Grand Dunman Condo Fact Sheet
|Name of Development||Grand Dunman|
|General Description||Proposed residential flat development comprising 7 blocks of 18-storey apartments with shops at 1st storey, 3 levels of basement carpark, swimming pool, and communal facilities at Dunman Road|
|Developer||SingHaiyi Jade Pte Ltd (a subsidiary of SingHaiyi Group)|
|Address||2, 6, 8, 10, 12, 16 & 18 Dunman Road | (Marine Parade Planning Area)|
|No. of Blocks||1 Grand Block of 18-Storeys, 6 units core|
6 Luxury Blocks of 18-Storeys, 8/9 units core
|No. of Storey||18 Storeys|
|Total No. of Units||1,008 Units + 5 Shops|
|Unit Types||1-Bedroom to 5-Bedroom, Penthouse, and Dual-Keys|
|Land Size||25,234.3 sq m (271,622 sq ft)|
|Gross Floor Area||88,320 sq m (950,670 sq ft)|
|Number of Units||1,035|
|Unit Type||1BR to 5BR, Dual-key & Penthouses|
|Carpark||3 Levels of Basement Carpark (TBC); 1:1 Ratio|
|Unit Type||No. of Units||Model||Typical Area (sq ft)|
|1 Bedroom||92||1BR 1/1BR 2||452|
|1 Bedroom + Study||112||1BR S1/1BR S2||549|
|2 Bedroom||119||2BR 1/2BR 2||667|
|2 Bedroom Dual Key||34||2BR DK1/2BR DK2||721 - 775|
|2 Bedroom + Study||137||2BR S1/2BR S2/2BR S3/2BR S4||775 - 797|
|3 Bedroom||126||3BR 1/3BR 2/3BR 3||926 - 958|
|3 Bedroom Dual Key||36||3BR DK1/3BR DK2||1,044 - 1,055|
|3 Bedroom Flex||18||3BR FLEX||1,098|
|3 Bedroom + Study (Luxury)||103||3BR LS||1,119|
|4 Bedroom (Luxury) + Private Lift||51||4BR L||1,432|
|5 Bedroom (Luxury) + Private Lift||34||5BR L||1,690|
|Penthouse||10||PH-1/PH-2/PH-3/PH-4/PH-5/PH-6/PH-7/PH-8||2,336 - 3,068|
|3 Bedroom (Grand) + Private Lift||32||3BR G||1,475|
|4 Bedroom (Grand) + Private Lift||34||4BR G1/4BR G2||1,787 - 1,927|
|5 Bedroom (Grand) + Private Lift||34||5BR G1/5BR G2||2,131 - 2,217|
Click here to request Grand Dunman Brochure and Floor Plans.
Who is the Developer for Grand Dunman?
Sing-Haiyi Jade, a unit of SingHaiyi Group, and CSC Land are the developers for Grand Dunman.
SingHaiyi Group is a fast-growing, diversified company focused on property development, investment and management services. Besides an established track record in residential property development, it also manages a diversified portfolio of income-generating assets in the commercial and retail sectors.
Some of its recent residential projects include the award-winning Parc Clematis, The Gazania, City Suites, and The Vales.
Some of the accolades it has received include the Building and Construction Authority (BCA) “CONQUAS STAR” rating for City Suites and the Vales, as well as several design and architecture awards from PropertyGuru and Asia Property.
What are the Prices for Grand Dunman?
Joint developers SingHaiyi Group and CSC Land Group sold 550 out of 1,008 units at Grand Dunman during its sales launch on 16 July 2023. This translates to a take-up rate of 54.6% with an average selling price of $2,500 psf.
About 90% of the buyers were Singaporeans, with another 9% Singapore Permanent Residents and 1% foreigners.
A good spread of units ranging from 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom, including Dual-key units, were sold. This was led by the 2-Bedders (77%), followed by the 3-Bedders (61%), and 1-Bedders (58%).
Below are the guide prices for Grand Dunman during its launch:
- 1-Bedroom (452sf): $1.093m ($2,418 psf).
- 1-Bedroom + Study (549sf): $1.338m ($2,437 psf).
- 2-Bedroom (667sf): $1.554m ($2,330 psf).
- 2-Bedroom +Study (775sf): $1.826m ($2,356 psf).
- 2-Bedroom Dual Key (721sf): $1.770m ($2,455 psf).
- 3-Bedroom (958sf): $2.212m ($2,309 psf).
- 3-Bedroom + Study (1,119sf): $2.682m ($2,397 psf).
- 3-Bedroom Dual Key (1,055sf): $2.505m ($2,374 psf).
- 4-Bedroom (1,292sf): $3.022m ($2,339 psf).
- 5-Bedroom (1,679sf): $3.914m ($2,331 psf).
At the government land sales for the site on 2 June 2022, Sing-Haiyi Jade and CSG Land submitted a top bid of $1.284 billion, which works out to a land price of $1,350 psf ppr.
For comparison, during the launch of Pinetree Hill on the same weekend, it achieved an average selling price of $2,460 psf. And back on 8 April 2023, Tembusu Grand achieved an average price of $2,465 psf.
The Grand Dunman condo is located at Dunman Road and next to the Geylang River. Towards its north, south, and east, the areas are dominated by landed and low-rise housing. This will ensure good air ventilation throughout the site while units facing the south will get pockets of view of East Coast Park and the sea.
Towards its west and across the Geylang River is Dakota Crescent, a predominantly HDB precinct.
The Dakota MRT station on the Circle Line and the popular Old Airport Road Feed Centre is merely 2-3 minutes and 6-7 minutes walk from the condo development, respectively.
Excellent Public Transport Connectivity
With Grand Dunman condo located next to the Dakota MRT station on the Circle Line and close to several MRT interchanges, residents will enjoy convenient access to many popular shopping, entertainment, and leisure destinations, as well as major employment hubs.
Many are within seven or fewer MRT stations away, and these include the following:
- Paya Lebar Sub-Regional Centre - 1 stop
- Leisure Park Kallang and Singapore Sports Hub - 2 stops
- Esplanade - 4 stops
- Marina Bay Sands and Gardens By The Bay - 5 stops
- Bugis Junction - 5 Stops
- Marina Bay Financial Centre - 6 stops
- Expo - 6 stops
- Changi Airport - 7 stops
Meanwhile, the following MRT interchanges are near Grand Dunman:
- Paya Lebar (Circle/East-West Lines) - 1 stop
- MacPherson (Circle/Downtown Lines) - 2 stops
- Promenade (Circle/Downtown Lines) - 4 stops
Expressways Near Grand Dunman
Two major expressways - East Coast Parkway (ECP) and Pan Island Expressway (PIE) - are just 6-8 minutes’ drive from Grand Dunman. This will help cut down on traveling time and for perspective, a trip to Downtown Singapore and Changi Airport, for example, only takes 6-13 minutes.
Meanwhile, a trip to East Coast Park only takes 4 minutes.
Major Employment Hubs Nearby
Grand Dunman enjoys proximity to several major employment hubs, making it an ideal place to live, work, play, and study. They will also offer a ready catchment of potentail tenants for those looking for property investment.
Some of these employment hubs include the following:
Paya Lebar Sub-Regional Centre - A mixed retail, commercial and residential precinct around the Paya Lebar MRT station, it has been earmarked as one of the 10 Business Improvement Districts in Singapore.
Raffles Place and Marina Bay Financial Centre - As the third largest financial centre in the world, it is home to many global financial institutions and MNCs which have set up their regional headquarters.
Changi Business City, Changi Airport, and Changi Aviation Park - A vibrant, mixed-use district envisaged to boost Singapore’s status as a leading aviation hub in the region.
Paya Lebar Airbase – Five times the size of Toa Payoh, it will be gradually transformed into a highly liveable and sustainable new town, as well a major employment hub.
A City Fringe Development with a Rich Culture and Heritage
District 15 near the East Coast area is one of the most prestigious residential areas outside the Core Central Region (CCR).
This is because it offers a combination of tranquillity, modernity and old-world charm with a rich Peranakan and Eurasian heritage.
Katong and Joo Chiat are one of the main areas in Singapore where Peranakan heritage can be found. They are well-known for their colourful shophouses with intricately designed facades, which have been gazetted by URA for conservation.
Some of these shophouses have been repurposed for F&B that offer a wide range of delectable cuisines. There are also bars and artisan cafes. Together, they have turned the area into a bona fide food haven popular with locals and foreginers alike.
Popular Market And Food Centre
Besides the foodie havens at Katong, Joo Chiat, and East Coast Road, there are also several popular food centres located nearby where many favourite local delicacies can be found. They include the following:
- Old Airport Road Food Centre (7 minutes’ walk)
- Dunman Food Centre (3 minutes’ drive)
- Haig Road Market and Food Centre (4 minutes’ drive)
- Geylang Serai Market and Food Centre (4 minutes’ drive)
Shopping Malls Near Grand Dunman
Grand Dunman enjoy proximity to a plethora of shopping mall, offering residents a myriad of retail, entertainment, leisure, and dining options. With the Dakota MRT station and bus-stop practically at its doorstep, they are just one station or three bus stops away.
Some of these shopping malls are:
- City Plaza
- Joo Chiat Complex
- Tanjong Katong Complex
- PLQ Mall
- Paya Lebar Square
- Singapore Post Centre
Slightly further away are more shopping malls such as:
- Katong Shopping Centre
- i12 Katong
- Parkway Parade
- Kallang Wave Mall
- Leisure Park Kallang
For fresh produce, residents can get them from a choice of supermarkets - Hao Mart (KINEX), NTUC Fairprice (Joo Chiat Complex), and Giant (Paya Lebar Square).
Alternatively, they can visit the Haig Road and Geylang Serai Market and Food Centres.
Leisure Destinations Nearby
There are several popular attractions just 3-6 minutes’ drive from Grand Dunman condo, which adds to the appeal of living in the area. These include the following:
East Coast Park - A popular destination for various outdoor activities such as jogging, cycling, and rollerblading. Water sports enthusiasts can also take up windsurfing, canoeing and stand-up paddling courses offered by PA Water Venture.
There are also children’s playgrounds such as Coastal PlayGrove and Marine Cove. They offer families with young children a fun day out by offering many interesting activities. These include vertical net climbing, long metallic tube slides, rope bridges, talking tubes, and many more.
Singapore Sports Hub - It offers a wide range of entertainment, sporting, and outdoor recreational options for people of all ages. Some of these include giant chess set, lawn bowling, rock climbing, Splash-N-Surf water play, swimming lessons, kayaking, and canoeing, just to name a few.
In the future, more recreational and sporting facilities will be built under the Kallang Alive master plan. Some of its highlights will include the Kallang Football Hub, Singapore Tennis Centre and a redevelopment of the Kallang Theatre. There will also be a Youth Hub, which will have a velodrome, speed climbing facilities and BMX tracks.
Goodman Arts Centre - Home to more than 40 arts groups, it serves as a place to bring artists, enthusiasts and neighbouring communities together to experience the arts in a warm and intimate manner. Some of the programmes it conducts include dance, theatre, poetry, and fine art.
The Artground – Located within the Goodman Art Centre, it is a place that offers positive arts experiences for children and their families. Additionally, it endeavours to provide development opportunities for local artists to co-create meaningful arts experiences with young audiences. Some of the activities it conducts include dance classes, digital arts, and music workshops.
Proximity to Established Schools
Grand Dunman is located within a 2km radius of several popular schools. Hence, they will offer priority for children registering for Primary 1 admission under the Education Ministry’s distance-based allocation system.
As properties located near popular schools are known to command a price premium, as found by a study from the NUS Institute of Real Estate Studies, this will appeal to both families with school-going children and property investors.
List of Primary Schools within a 2km Radius
- Kong Hwa School
- Haig Girls’ School
- Tanjong Katong Primary School
- Geylang Methodist School (Primary)
List of Secondary Schools Near Grand Dunman
- Broadrick Secondary School
- Chung Cheng High School (Main)
- Tanjong Katong Girls’ School
- Tanjong Katong Secondary School
- CHIJ Katong Convent
- Dunman High School
- Victoria School
- Victoria Junior College
- Temasek Junior College
International Schools Near Grand Dunman
There are several international schools near Grand Dunman, which could potentially attract housing demand from expatriates working in the employment hubs nearby.
Hence, for those looking for property investment, there will be a ready catchment of tenants.
The nearest international school is EtonHouse International School Broadrick, which is located just 5 minutes walk away.
The other international schools nearby and 4-8 minutes drive away are:
- Canadian International School
- Olympiad International School
- 5 Steps Academy
- Nexus International School
The area around Grand Dunman is mostly dominated by landed housing and small condo developments. For comparison, the nearest condo developments with a sizeable number of units close to it are:
Dakota Residences: a 348-unit 99-year leasehold condominium completed in 2010
Waterbank At Dakota: a 616-unit 99-year leasehold condominium completed in 2013
They are just a 5-7 minutes walk from Grand Dunman. Although they are in District 14 instead of District 15, they have appreciated substantially. Below are the average price trends since their launch in June 2008 and April 2010 respectively.
- Dakota Residences: +72.94%
- Waterbank At Dakota: +42.81%
As can be seen, both have performed quite well despite being in the less prestigious District 14. Hence, Grand Dunman in District 15 with a significantly larger land size and more facilities should attract interest from a good spectrum of property investors or buyers.
In addition, given its proximity to the Dakota MRT station, and convenient access to schools, amenities, and major employment hubs, they will add to its appeal.
Average Rental Yields
For those looking for investment, average rental yields are quite attractive, as can be seen below:
- Dakota Residence: 3%
- Waterbank At Dakota: 3.4%
In fact, they are as good as many District 15 properties despite not being within a 2km radius of popular primary schools like Tao Nan and Maha Bodhi. This attests to their favourable locational attributes, which will similarly apply to Grand Dunman which lies just a stone's throw away.
Below is a sample of the average rental yields of some District 15 properties.
|District 15 Rental Yields|
|Name of Condominium||Status||No. of Units||Completion||Average Rental Yield|
|Casero @ Dunman||Freehold||15||2008||3.2%|
|Questa @ Dunman||Freehold||122||2013||3.0%|
|The Shore Residences||103-Year||408||2014||3.4%|
In conclusion, Grand Dunman may offer promising investment potential as the developer is likely to price their units attractively due to the large number it needs to sell within five years or face hefty ABSD fines from the government.
At the same time, it will be facing competition from two other upcoming property launches nearby:
Despite the choices property buyers are given from the upcoming new launches, those looking for steep discounts are likely to be disappointed. This is because the inventory of unsold units in the market currently is very low, roughly around 15,000 in total - a 15-year low.
Moreover, recent property launches have seen very strong take-up rates, attesting to the strong underlying demand.
Lastly, the expected launch of Meyer Park in 2024, following its en bloc sale in February 2023, will likely set a new benchmark for District 15. Estimated to be launched around $3,100 psf on average, this will help to underpin property prices in the area.
If you wish to receive the latest property market update or information about new launches, please feel free to WhatsApp Me.
Besides Grand Dunman, you may also wish to check out the following reviews of new launches:
- Skywaters Residences, a mixed-used development at Shenton Way.
- Newport Residences, a mixed-use development at Anson Road.
- TMW Maxwell, a mixed-used development at Maxwell Road.
- Marina View Residences, a mixed-use development next to Singapore Conference Hall.
- Watten House, a luxurious condo development at prime District 11.
- Hill House, a 999-year condo at Institution Hill.
- Perfect Ten, a prime condo at Bukit Timah.
- The Reserve Residences, an integrated development at Jalan Anak Bukit.
- Terra Hill, a hillside condo at Yew Siang Road.
- Blossoms By The Park, a mixed-use development at Slim Barracks Rise.
- The Hill @ One-North, a mixed-use development at Slim Barracks Rise.
- The Arcady, a freehold condo 6 minutes walk to the Boon Keng MRT station.
- Sora, a District 22 condominium at Yuan Ching Road, Jurong Lake District.
- Lumina Grand, an EC at Bukit Batok West Avenue 5 in Singapore's District 23.
- The Arden, a condo development at Phoenix Road.
- Botany At Dairy Farm, a condo at Dairy Farm Walk.
- Lentor Hills Residences, a condo at Lentor Hills Road.
- LakeGarden Residences, a condo at Yuan Ching Road.
- J’Den, a mixed-use development at Jurong East.
- Altura, an executive condo at Bukit Batok.
- The Myst, a condo at Upper Bukit Timah near Cashew MRT station.
- Hillock Green, a condo development at Lentor.
- Hillhaven, a 99-year condo development near Hillview MRT station in District 23.
- Lentoria, a condo development at Lentor Hills Road in District 26.
More details on new launches also be found in project information.