This is a review of 10 Evelyn, a freehold condo development located at 10 Evelyn Road in Singapore's prime District 11, just off Newton Road. Consisting of four 5-storey blocks comprising a total of 56 units of 1- to 3-bedrooms, it is within walking distance of the Newton and Novena MRT station.
It will be developed by Amara Holdings Ltd, a home-grown integrated lifestyle group involved in three main business segments – property investment & development, specialty restaurants & food services, and hotel investment & management.
This review will seek to provide an unbiased examination of its design features, locational attributes and investment potential. Nevertheless, if you need more information about the development or wish to arrange for a show flat viewing, or if you have any queries about property investment and the state of Singapore's real estate market, please feel free to Email Us. Alternatively, you may WhatsApp Us for an obligation-free information-sharing session.
To navigate directly to each section, please click on the links in the Table of Contents below.
- The Developer
- Key Attributes of 10 Evelyn Condo
- Site Location & Design Features
- 10 Evelyn Unit Mix & Distribution Chart
- Finishes & Appliances
- 10 Evelyn Condo Factsheet
- Excellent Public Transport Network
- 10 Evelyn Blessed With A Plethora of Amenities
- The Famous Newton Food Centre
- An Abundance of Sought-After Schools
- The Development of Health City Novena
- Conclusion - An Investment Perspective of One Evelyn Condo
Amara Homes is no stranger in the property development scene, both in Singapore and abroad. They have built several residential properties in Singapore, and also built and managed commercial properties such as 100AM Singapore.
Some of the residential properties they have developed include The Linear, Killiney 118, M5, and 13 & 15 Bedo Avenue.
They also have an extensive portfolio of both local and overseas luxury hotels. Locally, they built and run their flagship Amara Hotel located next to Tanjong Pagar MRT station, and the Amara Sanctuary in Sentosa. Overseas, they have businesses in China (Shanghai) and Thailand (Bangkok).
Key Attributes of 10 Evelyn Condo
- A boutique freehold development
- Located in an exclusive private residential enclave consisting of a mix of upmarket condominiums and landed houses
- 7 and 9 minutes’ walk to the Newton and Novena MRT stations respectively
- A short drive to two the Central Expressway (CTE) and Pan Island Expressway (PIE)
- One MRT station to Orchard Road
- A short walk to several Novena shopping malls, providing a wide array of shopping, leisure and entertainment options
- 9 minutes’ walk to the famous Newton Food Centre
- A Family-friendly location
- Convenient access to popular schools and education institutions
- Close proximity to many childcare centres and preschools
- Exciting development of Health City Novena Master Plan
- Good investment potential with strong catchment of existing tenants
Site Location & Design Features
10 Evelyn is an exclusive low-density condo development located just off Newton Road surrounded by upmarket condominiums and landed housing. With a District 11 address, it is one of the most coveted residential areas to own a home. The other being District 9 and 10.
It consists of four 5-storey blocks totalling 56 units. The four blocks are laid out at the four corners of an almost squarish site, overlooking a central courtyard that includes a lap pool and other facilities. The layout is efficient and there will only be 3 units per floor for each block.
The site’s orientation is almost north-east/south-west, with the main entrance located along Evelyn Road pointing towards the South. For the convenience of residents, a side-gate will be built to provide direct access to Newton Road where a number of public buses ply.
Directly across Evelyn Road are some high-rise condos. But on the other three sides of the development, it will face 2 to 3-story landed homes. Hence, those living at the higher floors will enjoy unobstructed views.
10 Evelyn Unit Mix & Distribution Chart
Half of 10 Evelyn’s units are made up of 1-bedroom apartments of 496 to 614 sq ft; another 24 units are 2-bedroom apartments of 732 to 829 sq ft; and four units are 3-bedroom penthouses of 1,227 to 1,249 sq ft.
The project will appeal to singles who like living close to the heart of the action, with an abundance of F&B, entertainment and retail experiences. It will also appeal to those working in the Central Business District (CBD) and Marina Bay area, which are just a short drive or train ride away.
The 30,298 sq ft, freehold site is an amalgamation of two bungalow sites: one purchased in 2011 and the other in 2016.
Finishes & Appliances
The following finishes are provide:
- Feature wall is in laminate finish
- Baths in mosaic tiles and solid surface (for vanity counter feature only)
- Dining, Living, Kitchen and Bedroom(s) in engineered timber floor with painted timber skirting
- Bathroom(s) in homogeneous and/or ceramic tiles
- Household shelter and Balconies in homogeneous and/or ceramic tile and tile skirting
When it comes to appliances, the following are provided:
- Low and high level kitchen cabinets
- Compressed quartz worktop in kitchen
- Cooker hood and hob
- Built in Oven
- Built in Refrigerator
- Free-standing washing machine-cum-dryer
- Hot water supply to shower and wash basins in all bathrooms and kitchen sink
For more details, please find them here.
10 Evelyn Condo Factsheet
Excellent Public Transport Network
10 Evelyn condo enjoys an excellent public transport network. Besides the many buses plying Newton Road, which is just 2 minutes’ walk away, it is also served by two MRT stations – Newton and Novena. They are just 7 and 9 minutes’ walk from the development.
The Newton station is an interchange for the North-South and Downtown Lines, providing convenient commute to many parts of Singapore, whether for work or leisure. They also take commuters directly to Singapore Downtown areas and financial district, which is the world’s fourth largest.
The Downtown Line, which stretches across the entire Bukit Timah Road, will offer easy access to some of Singapore’s most coveted schools. These include schools such as Hwa Chong Institution, Methodist Girls' School and Singapore Chinese Girls' School, to name a few.
10 Evelyn is also well-served by two major expressways - the Central Expressway (CTE) and Pan-Island Expressway (PIE). Within 1-2 minutes’ drive, they will help to cut down on travelling time for those working outside Singapore's city areas.
But for those working in Singapore's Central Business District (CBD), it takes less than 10 minutes to reach.
10 Evelyn Blessed With A Plethora of Amenities
10 Evelyn condo enjoys easy access to a plethora of shopping malls in Orchard Road and Novena, providing residents a wide range of dining, entertainment and leisure options. Orchard Road is just one stop from the Newton MRT station while several Novena shopping malls – United Square, Velocity @ Novena and Square 2 – can be reached within 10 minutes by foot.
United Square is focussed on children, Velocity @ Novena on sports and Square 2 is a Korean-themed mall.
Other than those shopping malls in Orchard Road and Novena, many other popular shopping destinations can be reached via a short train ride. These include Bugis, City Hall, Marina Bay and Chinatown.
The Famous Newton Food Centre
The famous Newton Food Centre is a mere 7 minutes’ walk from 10 Evelyn. It offers an array of local delights that are popular with both locals and tourists from all over the world.
In the past, the Newton Food Centre had a notorious reputation due to some unscrupulous vendors overcharging tourists for their food. However, after the bad press, most have cleaned up their acts and the food centre now provides an eclectic mix of cultures and delicious hawker food.
In 2013, it was the venue for the SingTel Hawker Heroes Challenge where Michelin-star chef Gordon Ramsay battled three popular Singapore hawkers in a much-anticipated Singapore versus Ramsay cook-off.
Not only that, it was also the location for the filming of the Hollywood hit ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ in 2018. The film is about super-wealthy Chinese Singaporeans and their ultra-lavish lifestyles.
An Abundance of Sought-After Schools
10 Evelyn enjoys convenient access to many sought-after schools in Singapore, which include located those along Bukit Timah/Dunearn Road that are served by the Downtown MRT Line. The following schools can be reached within four stations or fewer:
- Singapore Chinese Girls School (Dunearn Road)
- Nanyang Girl High School (Linden Drive)
- Methodist Girls School (Blackmore Drive)
- National Junior College (Hillcrest Raod)
- Hwa Chong Institution (Bukit Timah Road)
Other than the above, the other schools located near 10 Evelyn include:
- Anglo Chinese School (Junior) (Winstedt Road) ~ 8-minute walk
- Saint Joseph's Institution Junior (Essex Road) ~ 2-minute drive
- School of the Arts (SOTA) (Bras Basah Road) ~ 5-minute drive
- Saint Margaret's Primary School (Wilkie Road) ~ 4-minute drive
One important consideration in Singapore’s property investment is the proximity to good schools. As for 10 Evelyn, there are several primary schools within 1-2km radium. This will accord priority admission for children when registering them for Primary. These primary schools are:
- Anglo Chinese School (Junior)
- Anglo Chinese School (Primary)
- Saint Joseph Institution (Junior)
- CHIJ Primary (Toa Payoh)
- Farrer Park Primary
- Hong Wen School
- Singapore Chinese Girls’ Primary
- Saint Margaret’s Primary School
International Schools Near 10 Evelyn
10 Evelyn also enjoys close proximity to many international schools. This will benefit those looking for investment as they will help to attract expatriate housing demand. Some of these international schools are:
- Hwa Chong International School (HCI) at Bukit Timah Road. HCI is one of Singapore's top schools and it offers an integrated curriculum that leads to IGCSE or IB Diploma.
- Chinese International School at Dunearn Road. It offers various Kindergarten, Primary, Middle & High School programmes that lead to the IB Diploma.
- Saint Joseph's Institution International at Thomson Road. It offers Elementary to High School programmes that lead to the IGCSE or the IB Diploma.
- Global Indian International School Singapore at Balestier Road. It offers Kindergarten to High School programmes that lead to the IB Diploma.
- International School Singapore (ISS) at Preston Road. It offers Elementary to High School programmes.
Childcare Centres & Preschools
There are many childcare centres and preschools in the vicinity, with a number of them within a short walking distance. This will provide great convenience for busy working parents with young children as they can conveniently drop them off and pick them before and after work.
Below is a short list of some of them:
- Pat's Schoolhouse (Buckley Road)
- Kiddiwinkie Place (Clemenceau Avenue)
- Mulberry @ Cairnhill (Anthony Road)
- St James' Church Kindergarten (Gilstead Road)
- Camberley International Pre-school (Bukit Timah)
- Wee Care Early Learning Centre (Windstedt Road)
- Etonhouse Preschool (Newton)
The Development of Health City Novena
Novena is well-known for its congregation of medical centres, facilities and hospitals. But, under the Novena Master Plan, an integrated medical hub known as Health City Novena will be built by 2030. The 17ha integrated development will incorporate 10 buildings, which will include Tan Tock Seng Hospital and 5 new healthcare facilities. They will be connected via a network of MRT, pedestrian walkways and shuttle bus services.
Health City Novena will offer a complete and holistic eco-system that includes health services, research and education, commercial, leisure and public spaces. There are four key elements to the master plan - Care, Continuous Learning & Innovation, Community and Connectivity.
With the completion of such an ambitious development, it will further entrenched Singapore aa a leading destination for specialist medical and healthcare in the region. With Health City Novena jus a stone’s throw away from 10 Evelyn, this will further underpin the area as one of Singapore’s most coveted address. In turn, this will boost its investment potential.
Conclusion - An Investment Perspective of One Evelyn Condo
As the saying goes: Location creates desirability, desirability creates demand, and demand raises real estate values.
Hence, as far as 10 Evelyn condo is concerned, its splendid location cannot be disputed. With its close proximity to Orchard Road, Singapore’s premier shopping belt, and many other popular shopping destinations, there will be no lack of dining, entertainment and lifestyle options.
The location is also very family-friendly, served by a wide choice of childcare centres, preschools and many other educational institutions.
Last but not least, the prime District 11 is one of the most sought-after location by foreign investors. And with Singapore opening up “to live with covid”, a development like 10 Evelyn is expected to appeal to foreign investors as Singapore has been one of the most attractive places for them to “park” their funds or wealth. This is especially so for Chinese investors who seek to avoid the scrutiny of the country’s communist rulers.
At the same time, there are many Chinese high-tech companies setting up their operations in Singapore due to its neutral geo-political stance amid he ongoing tension with the United States.
If you are interested in finding out more about 10 Evelyn or to explore your property investment options, please leave me a message here. Alternatively, you may WhatsApp Us.
More Reviews of New Property Launches
Below are some other property reviews you may be interested in:
- Skywaters Residences
- Newport Residences
- TMW Maxwell
- Perfect Ten
- Terra Hill
- The Continuum
- Tembusu Grand
- Grand Dunman
- Blossoms By The Park
- The Hill @ One-North
- Sceneca Residence
- The Arden
- Botany At Dairy Farm
- Lentor Hills Residences
- The Reserve Residences
- LakeGarden Residences
More details of new launches can also be found in project information.