This is a property review of Copen Grand, an executive condo (EC) development at Tengah Garden Walk in Singapore’s District 24. It will be located within walking distance of 3 MRT stations on the upcoming Jurong Regional Line (JRL).
Copen Grand will be the first executive condo in the highly-anticipated Tengah "forest town". To be built by Taurus Properties SG, a subsidiary of City Developments and joint venture partner MCL Land, the 22,020 sq m (237,021 sq ft) site with a plot ratio of 2.8 will offer 639 residential units of 2- to 5-bedrooms complemented with generous landscaping. These units will be spread across 12 blocks of up to 14 storeys each.
This review will seek to provide an unbiased evaluation of the following:
To receive the latest updates or to book a showflat viewing, please WhatsApp Us To learn more about Copen Grand EC, please click on the links in the Table of Key Information below.
Copen Grand EC Unique Selling Point
- To be built jointly by renowned real estate developers City Developments and MCL Land
- Located in a new green and car-lite housing estate under the URA Master Plan to build an exciting sustainable and smart township
- First executive condo in Tengah offers first-mover advantage
- 40% of site dedicated to landscaping
- First executive condo awarded the BCA's Platinum Super Low Energy Building (SLEB) certification
- Wide array of eco-centric facilities, including an iconic multi-tiered clubhouse
- Designed to minimise direct west-facing units and obtain high cross-ventilation airflow
- Installed with smart home features and quality fittings
- Within a short walking distance of 3 MRT stations on the Jurong Regional Line (JRL), with the Tengah station less than 5 minutes’ walk or 400m away
- Near 2 major expressways - Kranji Expressway (KJE) and Pan-Island Expressway (PIE)
- Less than 10 minutes’ walk to the Tengah Town Centre (the Market Place) which will feature a bus interchange, polyclinic, community club, and sports centre
- Convenient access to a plethora of amenities in Jurong East, which include several shopping malls and the Ng Teng Fong General Hospital
- A short MRT ride to Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- Located within a 2km radius of several schools, which include Shuqun and Princess Elizebeth Primary School
- Close to several nature parks
- Excellent investment potential amid its proximity to major employment hubs – Jurong Lake District (JLD), Jurong Innovation District (JID) and Tuas Port
Who is the developer of Copen Grand Executive Condo?
The developer of Copen Grand executive condo (EC) is Taurus Properties SG. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of City Developments Ltd and joint venture partner MCL Land.
City Developments – One of the largest real estate developers in Singapore. With a proven record of over 55 years, it owns a diverse portfolio comprising residences, offices, hotels, serviced apartments, shopping malls and integrated developments. Some of its latest residential developments include CanningHill Piers, Piccadilly Grand, and Irwell Hill Residences.
MCL Land – Another leading real estate developer in Singapore, it has established a legacy of building quality homes in both Singapore and Malaysia for over 50 years. Many of their projects have been well-received and some of its latest residential developments include Leedon Green, Parc Esta and Margaret Ville.
What are the Prices for Copen Grand EC?
At the launch day on 22 October 2022, Copen Grand EC sold 465 out of 639 units at an average price of $1,300 psf, with an additional 3% applied to those buying under the deferred payment scheme. This represents 73% of total units on offer.
The maximum 30% of the project allocated to second-time buyers during the launch was fully taken up.
Copen Grand units were priced from $1.08 million for a 2-bedroom + study unit, to $1.18 million for a 3-bedroom deluxe unit, to $1.88 million for a 5-bedroom premium unit.
Considering Copen Grand’s average launch price of $1,300 psf versus $2,200 psf for new mass market private condos - a difference of $900 psf - it offers a very good value proposition.
City Developments Limited (CDL) and joint venture (JV) partner MCL Land, through their wholly-owned subsidiary Taurus Properties SG Pte Ltd, clinched the 22,020 sq m (237,021 sq ft) 99-year leasehold site by offering S$400.318 million, beating 6 other developers in a hotly contested land tender.
This works out to a land rate of $603 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr).
Copen Grand EC Fact Sheet
|Taurus Properties SG Pte Ltd (A joint venture between CDL Constellation Pte Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of City Developments Ltd, and MCL Land (Edge) Pte Ltd)
|12 Blocks of 14-storey Executive Condominium Development
|51, 53, 55, 57, 59, 61, 63, 65, 67, 69, 71, 73 Tengah Garden Walk
|99 years leasehold from 31 August 2021
|Expected Date of Vacant Possession:
|31 December 2027
|Approximately 22,020.8 sq m or 237,032 sq ft
|Total Number of Units:
|No. of Carpark Lots:
|516 carpark lots (inclusive of 505 standard lots, 6 lots equipped with electric vehicle charging station, and 5 accessible lots)
108 bicycle lots
|ADDP Architect LLP
|Tinderbox Pte Ltd
|Who Hup (Pte) Ltd
|Project Interior Designer:
|Index Design Pte Ltd
Copen Grand EC will offer 639 units of 2- to 5-bedrooms. The bulk of the units are 3-bedrooms, which make up 66% of the total, and this will appeal to the majority of buyers.
However, those looking for the smaller 2-bedders will likely be disappointed as there are only 11 units. They will likely be snapped up on launch day.
There are two design schemes for Copen Grand executive condo - River Scheme (for 2- and 3-bedders), and Earth Scheme (for 4- and 5-bedders).
|2-Bedroom + Study:
|936 - 969
|1,001 – 1,012
|1,259 – 1,292
|1,518 – 1,561
Some of the notable design features of the development are:
- First super-low energy residential design
- More than 60% of units will enjoy true cross-ventilation, providing a more comfortable and cooler living environment
- Flexible design where walls between the living and bedroom can be removed by unit owners to reconfigure their internal space
- Luxurious living/dining spaces
- All unit types will have a home shelter
- All master-bedrooms can a fit king-size bed and common bedrooms a queen-size bed
- 2-bedroom units offer flexible co-working space and convertible 3-bedroom concept
- All 3-bedroom units and above come with dry kitchen
- 3-bedroom premium units and above come with a dedicated yard
- 4- and 5-bedroom units come with walk-in wardrobe
Below is a summary of the interior provisions offered for the various unit types at Copen Grand EC.
Smart Home Features
Copen Grand EC will offer an extensive range of smart home and smart community systems that will help to elevate the standard of living. These include the following:
- Smart Home Gateway - Connects all smart appliances which can be controlled by an app via mobile phone
- Smart Surveillance System - Enjoy enhanced security with remote surveillance with smart home camera
- Smart Air-Conditioner Control - Turn on/off air-conditioner remotely, even if you are not at home
- Smart Lighting Control - Light up foyer automatically when coming home or when an intruder is detected
- Smart Voice Assistant - Hands-free control of your home devices using Google Home App
- Smart Power Monitoring - Help to keep track of your household power consumption
- Smart Digital Lockset - Lock/unlock your door via mobile app, fingerprint, PIN code, key or access card
- Smart Booking - Check availability and pay for use of facilities
- Smart Invitation - Pre-register your visitors or generate a QR code to allow them easy entry into Copen Grand
- Smart Audio-Video Telephony - Let visitors announced their arrival and let them in with a simple tap
- Smart Parcel - Parcel station offers secure and convenient parcel pickup
Copen Grand Executive Condo Site Plan
All the units in Copeen Grand are designed to minimise the West-facing and maximise cross-ventilation airflow. The blocks are also well-spaced apart by 21m to 28m, allowing better privacy.
Copen Grand EC will be located at Tengah Garden Walk in the upcoming “forest town”, part of the new Tengah housing estate.
It is within walking distance of 3 new MRT stations on the Jurong Regional Line (JRL) set to be completed in 2029. The 3 MRT stations are Tengah, Hong Kah and Tengah Plantation, with the Tengah station being the nearest about 400m away.
It will also be less than 10 minutes’ walk from the Tengah Town Centre, which will be car-free - the first in Singapore. The town centre, dubbed the Market Place, will have roads and vehicles running underneath it. This will help to free up space on the ground level for a conducive walking, cycling and recreational environment.
The new Tengah housing estate will also have lots of greenery, parks, gardens and a “forest stream”.
Tengah's 5 Housing Districts
Tengah will be a model for smart and sustainable living, with residential areas divided into 5 main districts. Each district will have its own unique character, namely:
- Plantation District
- Garden District
- Park District
- Brickland District
- Forest Hill District
All of them will have forest and nature themes as part of the plans to develop a green living environment while vehicular traffic will be minimised.
In addition, residents will enjoy easy access to quality amenities, thematic playgrounds, fitness stations, and dedicated gardening and farming spaces. A major feature is the 100m-wide and 5km-long Forest Corridor which will provide an ecological pathway connecting the Western and Central Catchment Areas.
Excellent Public Transport Network
Copen Grand EC is located minutes away from the upcoming Tengah, Hong Kah, and Tengah Plantation MRT stations on the Jurong Regional Line (JRL). In fact, the Tengah station is less than 5 minutes’ walk or 400m away.
The Jurong Region Line is targeted to be completed in 2029 and it will be the seventh MRT line in Singapore that will employ a fully automated and driverless mode of operation. It will be linked to the North-South Line and East-West Line at the Jurong East integrated transport hub.
When operational, residents of Copen Grand EC will have easy access to the following areas:
- 2 stops – Choa Chu Kang MRT station and Lot 1 shopping mall
- 5 stops - Jurong East MRT station, an integrated transport hub and an interchange for the East-West/North-South Lines. Shopping malls such as JEM and IMM are located around it
- 8 stops – Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
The Jurong Regional Line will also offer convenient access to major employment hubs such as the Jurong Lake District (JLD), Jurong Innovation District (JID) and Tuas Port.
With the convenient access to these major employment hubs, and given that Copen Grand is the first executive condo in Tengah, this will offer excellent investment potential.
Meanwhile, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) is studying whether to link the Jurong Lake District station on the Cross Island MRT line (CRL) and the Jurong Town Hall station on the Jurong Region Line as an interchange. The Jurong Lake District station is one of six stations under Phase 2 of the Cross-Island Line (CRL) which is expected to open by 2032.
The other 5 stations are West Coast, King Albert Park, Maju, Clementi and Turf City.
At the same time, the LTA is also studying the feasibility of linking the West Coast extension to the Jurong Region Line to the Circle Line along the Haw Par Villa area, which lies within the exciting development of the Greater Southern Waterfront. When developed, this will offer residents of Copen Grand EC even better transport connectivity, and also convenient access to the National University of Singapore (NUS) which is located at the Kent Ridge station on the Circle Line.
Copen Grand EC is also located close to 2 major expressways - the Kranji Expressway (KJE) and Pan-Island Expressway (PIE). This will provide for smoother drive while reducing travelling time.
Copen Grand EC Enjoys Access to a Plethora of Amenities
As Copen Grand EC is less than 10 minutes’ walk to the Tengah Town Centre (to be completed in 2025), residents will enjoy a plethora of amenities. These will include hawker centres, integrated community hub, sports centre, and medical-care facilities.
Shopping - Just 5 MRT stations away is Jurong East, a bustling housing estate with many shopping malls. These include JEM, Westgate, Big Box, IMM, and JCube. Located within walking distance of each other, they offer one of the largest retail eco-systems outside the city centre.
Medical Facilities – The Jurong Community Hospital and adjoining Ng Teng Fong General Hospital are linked to the Jurong East MRT station. These two hospitals were built together to deliver an integrated and seamless patient-centric care facility that will benefit from the co-management of doctors form both hospitals.
The other interesting amenities nearby include the Singapore Science Centre and Snow City.
Close Proximity to Schools
Properties near popular schools have always been sought-after and they have been known to command a premium. This is due to the Education Ministry's distance-based priority admission system for primary schools. Hence, for young families, Copen Grand executive condo will be an ideal choice as there are several popular primary schools nearby.
Primary Schools Within a 2km Radius
- Princess Elizabeth Primary School
- Shuqun Primary School
- Dazhong Primary School
- St. Anthony's Primary School
- Jurong Primary School
In addition, there are 12 parcels of land that have been zoned for education institutions in Tengah, and they are also all within a 2km radius of Copen Grand executive condo.
But, the first primary school to operate within Tengah will be formed through the merger of Juying Primary and Pioneer Primary. It will be relocated to Tengah Plantation (near Tengah Garden Walk) in 2025.
Secondary Schools Nearby
There is also a number of secondary schools nearby, but none of them can be considered “branded” though. Some of these include the following:
- Jurongville Secondary School
- Hua Yi Secondary School
- Dunearn Secondary School
- Swiss Cottage Secondary School
Post-Secondary and Tertiary Institutions
The nearest post-secondary education insitutions are Jurong Pioneer Junior College and ITE College West, which are about 10-11 minutes’ drive away.
Meanwhile, the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) will be just 8 stops from the Tengah MRT station on the upcoming Jurong Regional Line (JRL). The Tengah MRT station will only be about 5 minutes' walk away from the development.
However, it is only expected to be completed by 2029. Hence, residents who bought Copen Grand EC during the launch would need to wait about 2 years after moving in before the new MRT line starts operation.
Gardens & Parks Near Copen Grand EC
Residents of Copen Grand EC will enjoy lots of greenery. These include rainforest-themed children’s playgrounds and a green lung called Central Park.
The centrepiece of Tengah will be the “forest stream”, which is an existing canal that will be naturalised and landscaped.
There will also be a 1.5km-long rainforest walk that allows residents to access Central Park together with a 15-20m-wide forest fringe that will run around the town.
With about 20% of the land in Tengah being dedicated to green spaces, they will provide residents a park-like living environment.
Outside of Tengah, there are several well-known gardens and nature parks a short drive or train ride from Copen Grand executive condo. These include Jurong Lake Gardens, Bukit Batok Nature Park, and Little Guilin.
Major Employment Hubs Offer Promising Investment Potential
Copen Grand executive condo (EC) will benefit from its proximity to 3 major employment hubs – Jurong Lake District (JLD), Jurong Innovation District (JID) and the mega Tuas Port.
In fact, the Jurong Lake District (JLD) and Jurong Innovation District (JID) are just next to the Tengah housing estate.
Together, they represent Singapore's largest manufacturing hub and will ignite the transformation of the West Region. In turn, this will spur the demand for housing.
Jurong Lake District (JLD) - At 410 hectares, it will be the largest mixed-use business district outside the city centre. Dubbed Singapore’s second Central Business District (CBD), it will comprise quality offices, housing, amenities, and abundant green spaces.
The development of JLD will revolve around 4 main themes - Hub for Future Economy, New Paradigm of Mobility, Smart Sustainable District and District of Gardens and Waters.
A complementary leisure and recreational cluster have also been planned around Jurong Lake to leverage on the area's unique lakeside and garden setting. Hotels, retail, food & beverage outlets (F&B), entertainment offerings, and spaces for lifestyle events will also be developed to create a new tourism destination.
Jurong Innovation District (JID) – It will be an industrial district for advanced manufacturing that will support an ecosystem of manufacturers, technology providers, researchers, and education institutions with the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) nearby.
JID will be developed under three main themes - to build a vibrant ecosystem for advanced manufacturing; create a liveable and sustainable industrial district for the future; and nurture a thriving industry-academia collaborations.
Tuas Port - By leveraging on advanced automation and more efficient processes, this next-generation port can handle 65 million TEUs when fully operational by the 2040s. This will make it the world’s single largest container port which will be capable of handling twice the combined volume of Singapore’s ports today.
The port’s global reach and connectivity will also benefit factories in Tuas and Jurong with quicker production-to-market turnarounds.
As Tengah will be Singapore’s first township planned with smart technologies estate-wide, and with a focus on green, sustainable, car-lite, and community-centric living, they will undoubtedly add to the appeal of Copen Grand EC.
Besides the pleasant living environment, Copen Grand executive condo (EC) will also benefit from the exciting transformation of the West Region, underpinning its status as Singapore’s largest manufacturing hub. The development of the Jurong Lake District (JLD), Jurong Innovation District (JID) and the mega Tuas Port will further enhance the West Region as an ideal location to live, work, study, and play.
But what investment potential can a development like Copen Grand EC will offer. To answer this, let’s examine how properties in the surrounding estates have performed.
From the charts above, the rate of appreciation of average prices over a 20-year period are:
- Jurong East: +384%
- Jurong West: +293%
- Bukit Batok: +119%
- Choa Chu Kang: +116%
As can be seen, Jurong East outperformed significantly against the rest. This is unsurprising due to its rapid transformation over the last 15-20 years that has turned it into a vibrant township and important employment hub. Property prices were further boosted by the URA Master Plan to create the Jurong Lake District, dubbed the second Central Business District (CBD).
After Jurong East comes Jurong West, which benefitted from the devleopment of the former due to their close proximity. In addtion, the ongoing development of the Jurong Innovation District located within it has also help to underpin property prices.
Meanwhile, Bukit Batok and Choa Chu Kang, which are located further out, have seen the average prices of their properties appreciated at a slower, but still respectable rate of +119% and +116% respectively.
With Tengah sandwiched between Jurong East/Jurong West and Bukit Batok/Choa Chu Kang, will Copen Grand EC's capital appreciation potential be somewhat tampered?
On the contrary, Copen Grand EC will provide astute propety investors the first-mover advantage and the opportunity to enter the market at a relatively attractive price while many of the major developments around it are still ongoing.
Besides the Jurong Lake District, Jurong Innovation District and Tuas Port, it will also benefit from other major developments like the Sungei Kadut Eco District (northwest region) and Woodlands Regional Centre (north region) which are located not far away. In fact, they are just 3-6 stops from the Tengah MRT station once the Jurong Regional Line is completed.
Hence, with these major developments, Copen Grand EC's investment prospect looks promising. Moreover, its garden-like living environment will add to its appeal and provide an ideal place to live, work, study and play.
In addition, with new private condo prices in the OCR (Outside Central Region) hitting an average of $2,100 psf to $2,200 psf, which we have witnessed for Amo Residence and Sky Eden, Copen Grand EC will offer a very attractive entry price.
And given the widening price gap between executive condos and private condos, this will likely spur an increase in demand for ECs and push their prices up in time to come. Hence, this will offer an excellent investment opportunity to secure a new EC before the price gap narrows.
You may wish to check out our executive condo case study to find out how they have performed vis-a-vis private condos.
To receive the latest pricing and updates on Copen Grand EC, or to explore other property options, please WhatsApp or Email Us. To learn more about the rules governing executive condos, please refer to our EC FAQ.
Other Property Reviews
You may also be interested in the following review of new property launches:
- Skywaters Residences, a mixed-use development in District 1 opposite Tanjong Pagar MRT station.
- Newport Residences - a freehold mixed-use development at Tanjong Pagar.
- TMW Maxwell, a mixed-use development in District 1 near Maxwell MRT and Food Centre.
- Marina View Residences, a 99-year mixed-use development by IOI Properties in prime District 1.
- Watten House, a prime freehold condominium near Tan Kah Kee MRT station.
- Hill House - a 999-year leasehold condo located off River Valley Road.
- Perfect Ten - a luxurious District 10 condo near Newton and Stevens MRT stations.
- Blossoms By The Park - a 99-year mixed-use development at One-North.
- The Hill @ One-North, a mixed-use development near Buona Vista MRT station.
- The Continuum - a freehold condo near Paya Lebar and Dakota MRT stations.
- Grand Dunman - a mega condo development in District 15.
- Pinetree Hill, a 99-year leasehold condominium located off Ulu Pandan Road In District 21.
- Tembusu Grand in District 15, a 638-unit development by CDL near East Coast Park.
- Terra Hill - a freehold condo at the foot of Kent Ridge Park.
- The Arden - a 105-unit condo development at Phoenix Road in Bukit Panjang.
- Lentor Hills Residences - a 99-year condominium near Lentor MRT station.
- LakeGarden Residences, a 99-year leasehold condo in Jurong Lake District.
- J’Den, a 99-year mixed-use development opposite the Jurong East MRT station in Singapore’s District 22.
- Altura EC, an executive condo near Bukit Gombak MRT station in District 23.
- Hillock Green, a condo at Lentor Central in District 26.
- Hillhaven, a 99-year condo at Hillview Rise in District 23.
- Botany At Dairy Farm - a 99-year condo located near Hillview MRT station.
- Sceneca Residence - a 99-year mixed-use development directly linked to Tanah Merah MRT station.
For more details on new launches, please refer to project information.